Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, September 30, 2012

No Carve Pumpkin Faces


After making these pumpkin faces, I realized they look a lot like the annoying orange.   The actual idea came to me when I was brainstorming different ways to decorate a pumpkin without carving it.  I think these pumpkins came out pretty funny looking.  My kids tell me they look creepy.  I guess that's a good thing since they're for Halloween.

This craft is great for all ages, child and adult.  Also, it only requires 4 items: a mini pumpkin, glue stick, scissor, and magazine.  Brief instructions below.

Cut out a bunch of mouths, eyes, noses, etc from magazines.  I found catalogs and makeup advertisements had the best selection of faces.

Play around with different combinations to make silly or scarry faces.   Once you figure out the face you want to make, adhere the pieces with a glue stick to your pumpkin.  I found a glue stick works best because it doesn't make the paper wrinkle.  It also gives you a little time to move the pieces around before they dry.


What do you think, silly or creepy?  Both?


7 comments:

gale said...

OMG. LOL! Silly and creepy but so funny! It does remind me of the annoying orange too though.

Emelie Sandström said...

Hahah! I love these! Mess free Halloween crafts, that made me smile. What's not to love? :)

Deanna said...

Both! Love it! I just saw some glitter/sequin pumpkins that i'd like to do too. Fun idea!

Suzanne said...

They are awesome! My kids will immediately see the connection with annoying orange.

amy rene said...

those are the oddest set of little pumpkins i have seen in many Falls. I love them!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Hahaha, these are so creepy! Perfect for Halloween.

Joy said...

Hahahaha! Too funny!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.